English songs in classes

English songs in classes

    Every end of school term, I ask students what they enjoy or what is useful in English classes.  Clearly, “singing English song” is the most fun activity for them. 

    I asked what songs they want to sing as well and “Dynamite” by BTS is the most popular.  Since I do not often listen to music, I was surprised that so many students like K-pops.  I wonder where they find these songs.  Anyways, this song is very catchy and I understand why students like it.

    In terms of English, there are not so many difficult phrases or language structures.  It’s a good song to get used to English sounds.

    Overviewing the lyrics, I found only several parts of difficult parts.  One of them is this language structure.

watch me bring the fire and set the night alight”

Verb + Object + Verb (Base form)

    Telling why and how difficult this phrase is is not easy in English even to me. I can/will tell students in Japanese though...


PS

    I wanted to quote its lyrics and translate it into Japanese here, but I am not sure if it’s okay due to copyright.  Reading the article below, it should be inappropriate.

http://vimclip.jp/copyright-wordsofsong/

    Still, good to know, using the song in English classes, apparently it is regarded as okay.

https://www.riaj.or.jp/f/leg/copyright/education/qa_jugyou.html

(Both links are written in Japanese)

 

To write something in public, I have to be very sensitive..  

コメント

このブログの人気の投稿

TOEIC対策⑤

研究助成に申し込みたい話 /Research Grant

TOEIC900点を超えるためにスタディサプリをはじめた感想(4日目)